TREAT yourself to a wine lands getaway, where your weekend has been meticulously planned for you from check in to check out. Franschhoek’s popular Mystery Weekends hold the promise of surprise, relaxation and pure indulgence.
Your all-encompassing weekend includes everything Franschhoek is known for – from luxurious accommodation and award-winning wines, to gourmet cuisine and bespoke experiences. Since their inception in 2012 the Mystery Weekends have welcomed more than 2 000 visitors to the region, reaffirming Franschhoek as one of SA’s premier travel destinations.
The Franschhoek Mystery Weekends are ideally suited to couples, seeking time out from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The allure of the weekend is that you don’t need to book a single thing as it is all taken care of for you.
Your experience begins with an exclusive (and unconventional) check-in event planned for all guests. Mingle over a glass of wine before opening your special Mystery Weekend box, which contains all the exciting details as to where you’ll be staying, where you’ll be dining and what you’ll be experiencing, including a fun and informal evening where you are welcomed to the valley in true Franschhoek fashion. All Covid-19 protocols will be in place throughout the weekend.
Although your weekend is pre-planned there is still plenty of free time to enjoy a leisurely stroll through the village to browse the local market, art galleries, artisanal chocolate shops and bespoke boutique ateliers you’re bound to discover.
Choose between two fabulous packages, based on accommodation offerings: Ultimate (R8150 per couple), the crème de la crème of accommodation in the valley; and Superior (R5800 per couple), stylish boutique hotels and guest houses.
The cost per couple includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Dinner on the Friday and Saturday nights
- A light lunch on the Sunday
- A selection of fun filled experiences guaranteed to be memorable.
The confirmed dates for this year’s Franschhoek Mystery Weekends are June 25 – 27; July 30 – 1 August 1; and August 27 – 29. For bookings or queries, contact Carmen Arendse on firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rates are for two persons sharing per weekend
- Full payment confirms your booking
- Not transferable and non-refundable
- No children or infants allowed
- Excludes transport and flights
- Accommodation, meals and activities are not transferable
- Should the organisers have to cancel the weekend as a result of lockdown restriction levels, guests have the option to have the amount already paid transferred to alternate Franschhoek Mystery Weekend date or request a full refund less an administrative fee of R500.