Cape Country Routes, South Africa – a leading group of owner-operated and managed accommodation and activity establishments all carefully selected for their character, charm and romance and situated on the scenic and historic routes situated along the western and eastern Cape’s scenic and historic routes – has put together great for domestic travellers.
All the packages are for two people sharing, on a bed and breakfast basis, and are valid until November 30, 2020.
- The 12-day Cape Classic Tour package begins in the heart of South Africa’s exceptionally beautiful and scenic Mother City and ends in its “wild” province, the Eastern Cape: two nights at the trendy four-star Hippo Boutique Hotel in Cape Town; two nights at the beautiful Evergreen Manor & Spa in the historical heart of Stellenbosch; one night at the four-star Art Deco-style Montagu Country Hotel, in the small town of Montagu – the ‘heart’ of Route 62; two nights at the four-star De Zeekoe Guest Farm, seven kilometres outside Oudtshoorn (Cango Caves, the Safari Ostrich Farm and opportunity of walking with wild meerkats); two nights at the luxurious four-star Lofts Boutique Hotel, housed in the old Boatshed on Thesen Islands, Knysna; one night at Supertubes Collection, situated only 30 metres from the world-famous Jeffrey’s Bay surfing beach; and the last two nights at a 150-year-old haven of historical delight, the four-star Zuurberg Mountain Village (pictured at top of the page), Eastern Cape which borders on the Addo Elephant National Park.
- The Big 5-Shy 5 tour begins in Jeffrey’s Bay (aka J-Bay) home to some of the best surfing in South Africa (at Supertubes Collection), then moves on to the Sundays River Valley, an area with unique towns, numerous game reserves and the famous Addo Elephant Park with abundant wildlife including the Big Five (at the four-star Zuurberg Mountain Village). Then the Karoo, South Africa’s largest ecosystem – semi-arid scrubland with a rich diversity of plant, animal and bird life, and the Klein Karoo, famous for its natural scenic beauty – awe-inspiring Swartberg passes and gorges, the Cango Caves, the Oudtshoorn ostrich farms, the Langkloof Valley fruit orchards and any number of reptiles (barking geckos) and animals, including the Shy Five – aardvark, bat-eared fox, aardwolf, Cape fox and black-footed cat. Stay at the Karoo Gariep New Holme Karoo Guest House, an authentic Karoo farm with all the comforts of home, on the banks of the Seekoei River with the only hippo population in the Northern Cape, and at the Wildehondekloof Private Game Reserve – a luxury game lodge in the heart of the Klein Karoo’s Swartberg Mountain range, 40 km from Oudtshoorn.
- Birding-in-the-Cape tour incorporates the De Hoop Nature Reserve, a World Heritage site and one of the Western Cape’s largest and most beautiful nature sanctuaries it is a paradise for bird enthusiasts with its more than 260 species of birds including the endangered Cape Vultures (at De Hoop Collection); South Africa’s “Garden of Eden” Knysna, surrounded by pristine beaches, lagoons and forests, where the famous multi-coloured Knysna Loerie and many other bird species are found (at the Lofts Boutique Hotel); the Sundays River Valley with unique towns, magnificent scenery, wildlife and an abundance bird species (at Zuurberg Mountain Village); and the Karoo at the Karoo Gariep New Holme Karoo Guest House situated on the banks of the Seekoei River nestled amongst trees that attract a wealth of birdlife.
- The Golf Experience takes you from Evergreen Lodge in Stellenbosch, a picturesque university town, to the Cascade Country Manor in Paarl in the heart of the Cape Winelands, to South Hill Guesthouse in the Elgin Valley lying between the Kogelberg Nature Reserve and the Groenland Winery, and ends at Lofts Boutique Hotel, housed in the old Boatshed on Thesen Islands in Knysna, from where you can venture out to the Simola golf course or the more famous Fancourt course.
- Wine and Whales (Cascade Country Manor, Eendracht Hotel & Apartments in Stellenbosch, The Arniston Spa Hotel and De Hoop Collection) tour covers Paarl with its range of cultural and historical attractions, and the largest wine cellar complex in the world – the 22 hectares KWV; Stellenbosch, boasting a high proportion of the country’s leading wine estates is the ideal base from which to explore the local wine route; the Elgin Valley with its undulating landscape of deep valleys, forests, mountain streams, lakes and rivers and lush hills covered with apple orchards and vineyards; the Cape South Coast comprising the Bot River, Elim, Hermanus and Napier wine-producing regions; also a whale-watching mecca, and finally the De Hoop Nature Reserve, a World Heritage site and one of the Western Cape’s largest and most beautiful nature sanctuaries and the playground of the Southern Right whales.
- The four-day Tip Of Africatour takes you to Africa’s southernmost tip – Cape Agulhas on Cape South Coast, and De Hoop Nature Reserve. Overnight at one of the Cape Country Routes’ hallmark properties, the Agulhas Country Lodge, a place of peace and tranquillity. Built from natural limestone stone, set against the hill, the Lodge has spectacular sea view from nearly every vantage point. Here you’ll enjoy hospitable service and exceptional cuisine with the emphasis on fresh seafood in the Country Lodge’s own restaurant; also pleasant safe hiking trails, bird watching, boat trips, long beach walks and horse riding on a blue flag status beach, whale watching (in winter), stunning ocean views and relaxing evenings; overnight at Cape Country Routes’ luxurious four-star Arniston Spa Hotel. Set in one of the Western Cape’s most exquisite locations alongside the quaint fishing village of Arniston, it is surrounded by pristine beaches and nature reserves and is a leisurely two-hour drive from Cape Town. You’ll enjoy breath-taking sea views, the comforts of a world-class hotel, relaxed lunches, elegant dinners and its exclusive relaxation spa run by the renowned Ginkgo Spa & Wellness Group; overnight at De Hoop Collection – a member of Cape Country Routes – that opened in the De Hoop Nature Reserve in 2007 as the first private/public partnership in the South African hospitality industry. De Hoop Collection with its wide range of accommodation options to suit all budgets is a perfect holiday destination and an ideal stop-over en-route from the Cape Winelands to Plettenberg Bay. It also offers a complete outdoor experience – sea, sand dunes, vlei, rare fynbos, diverse wildlife, and the Potberg Mountains where a colony of vultures roost and nest; and a range of activities – walks through the rich fynbos plains or along the deserted coastline, mountain biking, scenic game drives, lazing on the beach, snorkelling in the many turquoise rock pools, nature drives, marine walks and eco boat cruises. Highlights are whale watching and the vulture experience.
Booking is essential: CCR Central Reservations 076 203 8929 (also WhatsApp), email@example.com, more info here.