THERE’S something in the air…things feel somehow looser, lighter, more relaxed. The weather is definitely playing its part, as is the relief of being at Level 1 of lockdown, which to be honest, is almost like no lockdown at all. It’s time to celebrate.
Societi Bistro has been encouraging us, with a sexy saucy campaign on social media here, the launch party for a new fashion range there – and the return of one of its most popular events, a new menu soirée. These have always been fabulous occasions, and it’s with excitement that I share with you the Spring Summer Menu Launch Party in support of COOKtastic. Not only will this be an opportunity to bid on an auction for a worthy cause, in the handsome company of Master of Ceremonies Africa Melane and auctioneer Siv Ngesi, and enjoy the musical talents of Nazneen Leeman and Mujahid George while you sip your wine or beer, but you will be among the first to taste new chef Tristan Camilleri’s dishes for the season.
New meals on the spring-summer menu are:
- Seared Squid, rocket, chilli, olive oil (pictured top of story)
- Pancetta Penne, tomato, Gorgonzola, kale, Grana Padano
- Ricotta Fettuccine, mint, lemon zest, edamame beans, Grana Padano
- Prawn Fettuccine Nero, shami prawns, squid ink, mint, confit tomato
- Chicken & Broccoli Fettuccine, spring onion, chilli, cashew nuts, Grana Padan0
- Roasted Lamb Shoulder, Dauphinoise potato, red wine jus, minted peas
- Caponata Chickpea Tempeh, chilli & rosemary polenta, mushroom & lentil polenta, sun-dried tomato & olive polenta, rocket
- Deboned ½ Chicken, thyme, garlic, yoghurt, rosemary, potatoes, spinach
- Tamarind & Grape Duck Breast, bulgur wheat salad, capsicum, mint salad, hummus dressing
Lots for the charity auction include coveted getaways in Cape Town, wines and more, with all proceeds going directly to COOKtastic, which teaches talented young people from disadvantaged backgrounds skills they need to work in the hospitality industry.
When: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Where: Societi Bistro, 50 Orange Street, Gardens
Time: 12pm to 2pm
Get tickets here.
- EAT PLAY DRINK Cape Town has two tickets to give away. See Facebook page for details.