WITH the lockdown ban on the sale of alcohol lifted, wine farms in the Western Cape are gearing up for an influx of online orders from wine lovers across the country keen to replenish depleted stocks of their favourite tipple.
While some wineries are offering discounts and/or free deliveries, Durbanville Valley-based boutique wine farm Nitida has come up with an exciting competition to entice wine buyers to place orders.
Says Nitida’s Bernhard Veller: “We were delighted to hear President Cyril Ramaphosa announce alcohol sales will once again be permitted from June 1. We have not been allowed to sell any wine for nine weeks and the strain on the farm was becoming scary.
“Further, wine lovers across the country suffered as they were not allowed to buy and enjoy their favourite wines in what have been, and still are, very stressful times. So we are hoping with this ultimate wine competition, we will entice people to place their orders with us, and not only receive their wines quickly and with no shipping charges*, but also stand the chance of winning one of five fabulous prizes if they order two cases or more.”
Simply put, anyone who places an order for 12 bottles or more of Nitida Wine via the farm’s website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of five fabulous prizes including:
- Three night’s accommodation for two people a luxury guest cottage located on Nitida Wine Farm, including breakfast and dinner each day; wine tasting and a cellar tour for two; a helicopter flight with pick-up at Nitida to V&A Waterfront for two (total value R20 000)
- Helicopter flight for two with pick-up at V&A Waterfront to Nitida, followed by lunch and wine tasting for two (value R8 000)
- A 5-litre bottle of Nitida Calligraphy wine (value R3 500)
- Dinner (wine included) at Cassia Restaurant at Nitida for four people (value R2 000)
- Full refund of your qualifying wine purchase (value dependant on purchase)
Winners will be chosen at random on June 30, 2020 and winners notified on July 1, 2020. Those who have already placed their orders will automatically have their names entered into the competition. For more information and full Ts and Cs, click here.
*Nitida will ship orders of 12 or more bottles to all large centres in South Africa free of charge