THE Cape’s favourite family-friendly Afrikaans outdoor music festival, Piekniek en Musiek, has secured chart-topping musicians Spoegwolf, Jo Black and Karlien van Jaarsveld for its next picnic concert at the picturesque Nederburg Wines in Paarl on Sunday, 29 January.
Nederburg is the new home of Piekniek en Musiek – Nederburg Sessions and offers gorgeous lawns and shady trees for a sublime afternoon picnic music experience. An upgraded jungle-gym area makes the experience even better for families with kids, looking to enjoy an afternoon outdoors.
- Spoegwolf is one of the most celebrated acts in the Afrikaans music industry today with multiple number one albums and top-selling tours.
- Jo Black’s hits include Bring Die Hoop Weer Terug and Voel Jy Die Genade.
- Karlien van Jaarveld’s singles include popular songs Geskeurde Jeans and Sing Vir Liefde. She was the co-presenter of the popular television show In Jou Skoene with her equally famous brother, Bobby van Jaarsveld.
Gates will open at 11am, and the performances begin at 2pm. Guests are welcome to bring their own picnics or to make use of the wide variety of food trucks as well as the bar. Alcoholic beverages may not be brought on-site but will be available for purchase.
Piekniek en Musiek – Nederburg Sessions are produced by Andy Mac from AMP Events and Ian Bredenkamp from Front Row Concerts, presented by Nederburg and supported by Netwerk24 and Huisgenoot.
- Nederburg Wines, Sonstraal Road, Dal Josafat, Paarl
- +27 21 862 3104 or +27 21 877 5155
- [email protected]