THE acclaimed Neo Western drama series is already airing on Thursdays at 9pm, and available on DStv Catch Up.
- The series stars multi-award-winning screen legend Kevin Costner (The Bodyguard, Dances with Wolves) who plays the patriarch of the Dutton clan.
- It is set in the sprawling countryside, with hills and rivers galore – so the cinematography is gorgeous
- The series has a stellar cast who play complex characters. You’ll find someone to root for or those you will love to hate. The outstanding cast includes Luke Grimes (American Sniper, True Blood); Kelly Reilly (True Detective, Flight); Wes Bentley (Hunger Games, American Horror Story); Cole Hauser (Olympus Has Fallen, 2 Fast 2 Furious); Kelsey Asbille (Teen Wolf, One Tree Hill); and Gil Birmingham (Twilight, Banshee)
- Its storyline is riveting and is filled with twists and turns, so there’s no boredom on the cards
- A messy and sweet romance involving the bad-ass Beth Dutton (played by Kelly Reilly)
- Kevin Costner said in an interview that he signed up for the show because he was emotionally invested in the story being told – which means viewers will probably fall in love with the show just as he did
- You can binge it – nine episodes a week is quite the treat
- Rumour has it that M-Net may have acquired the popular prequels, 1883 and 1923.
Yellowstone is co-created by John Linson (who has produced works such as Lords of Dogtown and Sons of Anarchy) and Taylor Sheridan (whose screenwriting credits include the acclaimed films Sicario and Hell or Highwater).
Set in modern-day Montana, USA, Yellowstone is a riveting, gripping, emotive and action-packed drama which follows six generations of ranchers. Costner stars as John Dutton, the ruthless patriarch who will do whatever it takes to protect the lucrative Yellowstone ranch from bloodthirsty enemies, indigenous communities who believe the land is rightfully theirs, and developers whose ambitions put the ranch in peril.
In a scheduling innovation made for the age of the series binge, viewers will be able to watch seasons on to part one of season five back-to-back every Thursday to Saturday, with fresh episodes airing at 9pm, 10pm and 11pm respectively. All episodes go straight to Catch Up immediately after the M-Net broadcast.
With an IMDb rating of 8.7 and a score of 84% on Rotten Tomatoes for season five (season three enjoys a 100% rating), Yellowstone has been nominated for several awards and recently won a Golden Globe for Kevin Costner in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama.