The popular reality cooking show on kykNET will return in 2023, this time with a braai flavour. Entries are now open as Kokkedoor celebrates a decade of entertaining foodies and food lovers next year.
Kokkedoor was first shown on kykNet in 2013. It became an instant hit with viewers and soon expanded into a bigger foodie family with Koekedoor, Kokkedoortjie and Koekedoortjie. But beware, when this unique Afrikaans series hits your screen next year, it will be donning a brand new apron, ready to literally face the fire in Kokkedoor Vuur & Vlam. In this season, participants will move away from the comfort of a kitchen stove to the hot and unforgiving fire pit. Every dish must be prepared with fire, on the coals, inside the ash or on the grill. As was the case with the previous series, the most crucial ingredients will be a combination of remember and renewal, old and new and from nostalgic to the unfamiliar.
kykNET is looking for hotshot teams who know their way around the fire. Each team will consist of two members: one of the members must be a pro (either a professional or trained person in the food industry), and the other member an enthusiast, a family member who is passionate about a good old braai.
Go to www.kyknet.tv or send a video via WhatsApp to 064 736 5013. Your video entry may not be longer than three minutes and it must contain the following:
- Introduce yourselves
- Say who you are
- Where you live
- The pro must explain about his/her qualifications or food background
- Describe the family relationship
- Why you want to participate
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the audition
- Any South African or Namibian citizen with a valid ID may enter
- The pro is the team member with a qualification or proven experience in a professional kitchen or related experience in the food industry. This member has advanced technical abilities and is creative with food
- The enthusiast, a family member of the pro, is likely the kind of person who was born with braai tongs in hand and has a passion for preparing food and live the braai lifestyle
- Auditions will be held during January and February 2023 in Bloemfontein, Gauteng and Cape Town
- The selected teams must be available from 17 April to 6 May, 2023. The show be filmed somewhere in the Cape
- Entries close on 1 December 2022
- For more information, email [email protected]
PHOTOS from previous season