THE eco-conscious Gonana Collection on Bekbaai beach in the calm and tranquil village of Paternoster on the West Coast of South Africa, is always a great place for a holiday getaway no matter what the season.
At Gonana, which means “to embrace” in isiZulu, winter is welcomed as the “secret” season – a time to turn inwards, a time to reflect a time to enjoy long, and a time to keep the winter chill at bay in the warm and comforting embrace of Gonana.
Here are five reasons to book a stay at Gonana Collection this winter:
- Winter Warmer Stay for Three Pay for Two special for all the properties – valid from 1 June to 31 August 2023
- Dinners (must be pre-booked) and cheese platters will be served at the guesthouse during the winter months (June – August 2023)
- Guests at the houses (Aloe and Acacia) will receive a complimentary breakfast (served at the guesthouse from 9.30am) during the winter months (June – August 2023)
- Electric blankets and heaters have been added to all rooms
- The KolKol is available for use by studio and villa guests during the winter months for an additional R450, as Gonana provides the wood
Gonana Collection’s properties comprise its flagship property Gonana Guesthouse – an exclusive blend of authenticity and comfort with six double rooms, one triple room and one apartment, and the distinction of being the first sustainable and environmentally conscious guesthouse in Paternoster; its two fully furnished, self-catering houses – the two-bedroomed, four-sleeper Acacia and the one-bedroomed, three-sleeper Aloe (an Afristay Pet-Friendly Destination 2022 award winner), both designed to provide convenience, comfort and privacy for families and their four-legged friends; the three en-suite bedroom Coral Villa, renovated and refurbished from the oldest fisherman villa on the Bekbaai side of Paternoster; and three self-catering units – The Scallop, Oyster and Mussel Studios.
A 2022 TripAdvisor’s Excellence award winner Gonana Collection is self-sufficient, solar-powered, everything is fresh and organic, it follows the philosophy of “buying local, thinking global”, empowers women wherever and whenever possible, it is proudly LGBTQ-friendly, and it is an inclusive space for all who enjoy and appreciate nature and are environmentally conscious.
Reservations: [email protected], www.gonanaguesthouse.com
Facebook gonanaguesthouse | Instagram @gonanaguesthouse | Twitter #gonanaguesthouse